As a co-organizer and as a lecturer, I am part of the platform Choreolab Europe. Choreolab is a collaborative artistic research platform for dance and choreography. It provides artistic playgrounds organized over 4-day weekend, every six months in a different European city. During the labs, workshops, lectures and open sessions new ideas can be born while physical questions are tried out, shared and reflected upon on in a peer-to-peer setting.
So far Choreolab Europe has been held in Bern, Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Basel.
Next Choreolab will take place in Amsterdam, April 2018. Check out the website for more info.
Mercat de les Flors – Mitja Hora Abans
Dance-Theater El Mercat de les Flors from Barcelona organizes side-activities to enrich and foster its relationship with its audience. The Mitja Hora Abans program, for example, consists of half an hour lectures that provide context on evert maker/piece that is shown in El Mercat. El Mercat also organizes after-talks with some of the invited choreographers.
For El Mercat de les Flors I have been a part of the following activities:
- Taller de l’espectador. Agost produccions. Medea, by Thomas Noone (June 2015)
- Mitja Hora Abans. BdDansa. Mongrel, by Marina Mascarell. (March 2016)
- Mitja Hora Abans. BdDansa. Moeder, by Peeping Tom. (February 2017)
- Aftertalk with Gabriela Carrizo. (February 2017)
The home theater of the city of Amsterdam also organizes short introductions to most of their performances. These take place before the start of the show and last 15 minutes. During these short presentations, I will give context on the aesthetic background of the makers/choreographers, and provide some insight on the pieces, by adressing its theme / the formal research it present / the goals it wants to tackle or the tradition it can be placed in.
I will start collaborating with Stadsschouwburg Amsterdam in this capacity as of January 2018.
Freelance Lecturer and Teacher
When asked, I engage in collaborations with schools and dance festivals to talk about dance linked to different themes. Some examples:
- Round Tables on Choreography and Space. Chezch Choreographical Platform. Organized by S.ES.TA, Chezch Centre for Choreographical Development. April 2017
- Substitute teacher. Dance History, specifically on Neoclassical dance. Conservatori Superior de Dansa, Institut del Teatre, Barcelona. 2014 – 2015 and 2015 – 2016.
- Poetics of Movement. Performed Lecture. Arts Highschool Josep Brugulat, Banyoles. December 2017.
- Research and Dance. Guest lecturer at Campus ESART, Barcelona. December 2017